Godstowe offers Scholarships and Exhibitions in recognition of current and potential talent. These awards carry considerable prestige within the School and are presented in recognition of excellence, achievement and potential in academia, sport and the arts. Scholars are expected to contribute to and enhance the academic, musical, sporting or artistic life of the school, supporting and encouraging their peers to do the same.
Scholarships are awarded at 11+ for entry at Year 7 for either day or boarding pupils. Applications are welcome from external as well as internal candidates. The value of the Scholarship is up to 10% of the normal school fees. Acceptance of a Scholarship will be taken as confirmation of parents’ intention to educate their daughters at Godstowe through to the completion of Senior School entrance examination, 13+ Common Entrance, or further scholarship to senior school.
The deadline for applications is Friday 12th January 2024 with assessments taking place shortly after.
The 11+ Academic Scholarship Examination comprises:
- English and Mathematics tests
- General subject questions
- Computerised, standardised aptitude tests (no preparation required)
- An interview with the Headmistress
For 11+ All-Rounder:
- An All-Rounder award is also available, which would comprise the Academic Tests and TWO others (only) from Art, Design Technology, Drama, ICT, Music and Sport. This could either be the candidate's original intention or it may be offered by the school following a successful showing across the required elements.
For 11+ Subject Specific Awards:
- Applications are also invited for potential scholars in Art, Design Technology, Drama, ICT, Music and Sport.
For further information, please see the below for the Scholarships Brochure. Application forms can be downloaded below.
For more information regarding scholarship information, please use the contact information below.
All internal candidates interested in applying for any of our scholarships should in the first instance contact the relevant Head of Department and / or Head of Upper School, Nicola Lee-Metcalfe at [email protected], to discuss suitability for the award.